Windows Patch Management Definition
Windows Patch Management is the patch management process for Windows, from finding and detecting missing patches to downloading and deploying them. With a patch management solution, the entire Windows patch management process can automate, so you don’t have to go through every computer and also manually check if all missing patches identify and applied. Many Windows patch tools also generate reports to help you confirm whether Windows patches successfully deploy.
Features of Windows Patch Management
1. Supports the Implementation of Function Packages
Patch Manager Plus supports the installation of feature packs for the Windows operating system. Every Windows 10 update comes with many new features and improvements to make life easier for users. And also, patch Manager Plus automatically installs all dependency files before installing a feature pack.
2. Deploy Microsoft Antivirus Definition Updates
If you are running Microsoft Client Security on your network computers, Patch Manager Plus automates the mechanism for updating antivirus definitions. And also, patch Manager Plus APD options help you plan how often your systems are scanned and configured for virus definition updates.
3. Windows Update Rollup
Since Microsoft announced the change to the Patch Tuesday structure in October 2016 for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, IT administrators have feared that this change in the Windows update model could prove a disaster. But with Patch Manager Plus, you can quickly implement monthly Windows updates.
4. Supported Versions
The Windows Patch Management feature of Patch Manager Plus supports the following versions:
Windows Operating System:
- [Windows 10]
- [Windows 8.1]
- [Windows 8]
- [Windows 7]
- And also, [Windows Vista]
Windows Server Operating System:
- [Windows Server 2019]
- [Windows Server 2016]
- [Windows Server 2012 R2]
- [Windows Server 2012]
- [Windows Server 2008 R2]
- And also, [Windows Server 2008]
Patch Windows with Patch Manager Plus
Microsoft Windows is the most widely uses an operating system, but manually applying Windows updates to all endpoints on a network can be a headache. And also, the implementation of Feature Packs, in particular, can be tricky as you must first download the dependency files and then deploy the Feature Pack. To simplify the repair process, you can use patch management software to repair your corporate network automatically.
Patch software creates a consistently configured environment that is secure against known vulnerabilities found in Windows and its applications. Our patch management software, Patch Manager Plus, handles all aspects of Windows patch management, from detecting and installing Windows security updates, patches, patches, and updates to defending Windows systems.
Test patches before organizing them to the production environment to make sure they don’t. Don’t cause any trouble. In addition to the Windows operating system, Patch Manager Plus also supports more than 350 third-party applications and antivirus updates. Patch Manager Plus – A Windows server patching tool that identifies which servers and workstations need patching. After detection, this Windows server patch tool repairs all Windows servers and workstations in your computing environment.
How Good Is Windows Patch Management Process Automation For Your Business?
Patch Manager Plus automates the entire Windows patch process with its Automated Patch Deployment (APD) feature. You can also view the system’s health status, based on the number of missing patches, using our Windows patch tool. And also, managing your Windows patches with Patch Manager Plus works for both Active Directory-based networks and workgroups. With Patch Manager Plus, network administrators can fully automate their Windows patch efforts.
What are the Benefits of Windows Patch Management?
The Windows patch management features of Patch Manager Plus help you:
- Save time and money. With the APD feature, the entire repair process is automated, from investigation to implementation.
- Dramatically increase the security of your network. Many cyber attacks exploit vulnerabilities known to steal data and cause disruption.
- And also, fix known vulnerabilities to protect your network.
- Deploy the most recent fixes. Run your Windows machines with the latest Windows patches to gain access to new features and bug fixes.
Policies of Windows Patch Management
To cover your Windows machines:
- First, go to the Patch Manager Plus cabinet and go to Systems> Analysis systems to find the missing patches on your network.
- Based on the harshness of the missing patches, prioritize the missing patches with a high or critical severity level. And also, it would help if you first approved these patches, allowing the APD function to patch your machines in the next available deployment window.
- You will have time to test these fixes in a non-production environment for low or moderate severity fixes. If they are not a problem after deployment, they can deploy in the production environment.
- In the Patch Manager Plus cabinet, go-to document management> System Status Report to see how your systems perform after deployment.
- Predefined patch management intelligence shows you the patch status of your plans, among other things, allowing you to determine the security of your network quickly.
- And also, click here to see the list of Microsoft applications compatible with Patch Manager Plus.
Related Searches to Windows Patch Management
[windows patch management wsus]
[windows patch management best practices]
[windows patch management process]
[windows patch management interview questions and answers]
[windows patch management sccm]
[windows patch management tools free]
[wsus patch management]
[windows patch update]
[windows patch update kb3033929]
[windows patch update command]
[how to check windows patch update]
[windows patch update tool]
[windows patch update download]
[microsoft update catalog]
[windows patch download]
[windows 10 patch update]
[windows patch kb3033929 64 bit download]
[windows patch kb3033929 32-bit download]
[download windows 7 security update kb3033929]
[download patch kb3033929 windows 7 64-bit]
[windows 10 patch download]
[windows update download]
[catalog microsoft update windows 7]
[download patch kb3033929 windows 7 32-bit]